Couponing from the lazy couponer..........

Hey,
So my dear friend and fellow Admin has been dying to learn about couponing. I don't claim to be an extreme couponer, but let us start with some of the basics and some of my favorite things. I will do a gift post if you all want that one too.

Places to get Coupons:
Store flyers and sites
Sunday newspapers
Facebook Pages
Websites for the Brands
Online coupons ( like Ibotta, and Savingstar)
Other couponing sites ( I will share some of my favorites later on here)

Important terms:
BOGO- By One Get One
Manufactor coupons- Coupons from the company themselves
Store Coupons- Coupons from the store themselves
Stacking- Using a manufacturing Coupon and a store coupon together for the same item

Now please remember this is just the things that I find most relevant. I don't invest a ton of time into these things, and the more you do it the easier it gets. I just wanted to get your feet wet in this adventure.

Tips/Tricks

Most sales, go on a schedule, every six to eight weeks for household/grocery items. Some seem to be more frequent and are every four weeks.

DON'T BUY JUST BECAUSE IT'S ON SALE- if it is going to take up valueable space don't do it. Buy what you need, or what you will need to get you through the next sale.

I find there are some things I am just not willing to pay more for, like cereal, I think the max I will pay is 1.35, toothbrushes I try not to pay for, and toothpaste only for the kids is $2.00 (they will only use a certain kind) , a good loaf of bread I will not pay more than two dollars, and that's the big bread that doesn't fit in the toaster well. Find an average of what you pay for things used most and have that be the limit.

Always read store coupon policy.

Always read the fine print on the coupons.

Check out the discount section in the store. ( We love to get and freeze donuts, bread and frozen items. I have a carb addiction, our freezer chest is full of bread, and bagels at the moment)

To Get Started

*This method works best for me*

Make a list of sale items you need. Note a guess of how much you will need. Mark ounces on list. Go through coupons and match it up to sale items. Stacking is a fabulous way to score free items. I also have a guess as to what I am planning on spending. For a family of four my average week with groceries is 110. Usually my savings is 37-42%. Yes I could do better but really I don't want to spend more time on it,

My Favorite Tip

Go to Savingstar and put in your fancy store card numbers. They post coupons monthly, this isn't an immediate savings. How this works is when you purchase the items for which you have selected coupons for by using your store savings card (this is how I get cereal cheap) they are tracked, it tends to take a week or two and they put the savings into your Savingstar account. This can be used on top of your manufactor and store coupons. I wasn't diehard about this this year and only saved about $50.

I love Rite Aid. LOVE rite, not only do I get a 20% discount on all non sale items, because I have gold status, this is where I get free toothbrushes. Rite Aid has there own store card, and sometimes when items go on sale you get Up Rewards. This money is tied to your Rite Aid card, and is good for roughly two weeks. You can use this similar to Savingstar, you can stack coupons, and still get the Up  Reward on your card.

Don't ask me about Ibotta, I was confused by it .

Favorite Couponing Sites

www.weusecoupons.com
www.mavenofsaven.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What if...

I'm starting to live

The Invisibles