If life was a fairy tale..............

If life was a fairy tale I would have a house. We would own the car that sits outside in the parking lot. We would never live paycheck to paycheck. We would never choose to pay one bill and hope they don't shut off the cable bill before it can get paid. If life was fairy tale my student loan debt would be easier to manage. If life was fair I wouldn't have to worry about losing my eye sight or the white hairs that seem to be coming up out of nowhere. If life was a fairy tale I would be a size twelve and about five five or five six.

But life is not a fairy tale. We rent a beautiful townhouse, in a good school district. We have a loan out for the shiny ( okay not so shiny its winter here) red car in the parking spot my husband wishes he could declare his. Its a magic trick that sometimes doesn't end well, with our bills. My student loans will always be a pain in my ass. I have to take good care of myself something that I find is not high on my own list, but I have to remind myself to do so. I will settle for being a size 18 because I am not sure I have enough drive to get that much smaller (last year I was size 32, this year we start off at a 22/24). I can't get any taller, that ended in fourth grade, I am 5'2.

Don't get me wrong, I know I am very lucky to have what I have. I have an amazing family who has been known from time to time to bail my ass out of trouble. They let me flounder, and sometimes I do fail, but when I really, really need them, they are here no questions asked, well sometimes with a lecture or a stern talking to but they are here. We have both my boys living in the same house. We have an amazing relationship with the school, and although at times it trying the respect is there. I managed to make some acquaintances in high places, and charm them with my personality, I have an amazing, stubborn, hard headed husband who has done a lot of growing up in the last few years. It's not easy. Nothing in my life is easy. I seem to rarely catch a break, but without the bitter you can't have the sweet right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What if...

I'm starting to live

The Invisibles