Mini Thor has arrived!!!

Things you learn in life, nothing goes as planned, even your backup plan. So let us start with a recap of the week. On June 10, I had an semi impromptu doctors appointment. I had massive swelling in my feet, my toes turned purple and I was losing circulation in my hands and feet. Now if your pregnant and you haven't typically had these issues this is a bad sign, this could be a sign of toxemia. In my case they were like well your miserable your close to the end, if you get a headache go to the ER. Okay so now I was pissed. I still had to go in the next day for my pre-op appointment.

June 11, go to my pre-op appointment, rather bitchy. It was a quick trip. I did some errands before hand, Littleman was going to run out of his medicine and I wanted to make sure he was good. So I go to leave my appointment and realize the nice shiny still under three month old van had been hit. Seriously. I cried. Freaked out a little, then freaked out a lot. Came home, had the babysitter stick around so I could shower and try to calm down. She left, and I had a mental breakdown. Littleman and Squeaker were in rare form that afternoon, and the evening didn't help me any. So my mom came to get me to regain my sanity just a smidge.

And then a little after 10, my water breaks. Get the hubby home from work. Wait for the babysitter to get here and off we go. This was my second cesarean. I was expecting this to be like my first. It wasn't.

I was supposed to have a spinal, but it didn't work. They got half way through and between my inability to move around my pregnant belly and the contractions it became clear this wasn't work. I don't know how long they had been trying, all I know was this time having labor sucked. The Braxton's that I had complained about for months now did not compare to what I felt. I don't know what was worse the failed spinal pain or the contractions, but I was done. I am not a wuss, but I was like crying. It felt like it took five minutes at that point from when they said okay, we have to put you to sleep. Not like I had a choice at this point, so I had to roll with it.

June 12, 1:37 am Mini Thor was born. Dark hair, round face, looks like me with the Hatter's personality. He weighed in at 8.4 pounds and was 20. 3 inches long. He is built like he could play football. He kind of resembles my brother in that aspect.

Now normally this is the part where I GET BETTER. Nope not so much. I got sick. Really, really, sick. I responded funky to the pain meds, couldn't keep food down for days and got really groggy. I spent the first couple days in semi coma like state. I have no clue what was going on for most of it. So I stopped eating, I stopped taking the big bad pain meds, sent the little dude off to the nursery and tried to figure out what the hell I did wrong. By the end of it the nurses think I had the GI bug. They think that when I went in on the 10th somebody should have paid more attention. So for now I am on ibprophin and gas meds to keep things moving (sorry if that's tmi, but if you have had a cesarean you know how important this is).

So happy one week old birthday Mini Thor!! Finally feeling a bit human, still sick still struggling a bit but at least I am home and we are getting into the swing of thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What if...

I'm starting to live

The Invisibles