Ready set, time to register for school!!!

My middle child turned 5 in April. September is going to be bittersweet. There is so much to do, so much to think about. So, so much.

His MRI, and his EEG all came back normal!!! Yeah, his brain is good. However this leaves us in an interesting spot, no diagnoses. With final IEP meetings coming up, transitioning meetings, and summer school we are left with no answers.

I will admit this left me wondering what to do. I freaked out for a bit, I am not going to lie. How is it that this smart, vibrant boy, who is testing at a three year old level, how is there no answers!!! What is wrong! What did I do!!

Then I regrouped, it isn't anything I did. There isn't anything wrong with him. He is a smart, capable, imaginative child. We don't have to have answers. The diagnosis or lack of it doesn't change him. He is who he is.

It changes me. It changes my goal. It changes my fight. I don't have answers, I don't have a diagnosis to fall back on. What I have is my fight, my love, and my courage. That is all he needs, as long as he needs me to be his voice I will. As long as I am breathing his needs will be heard.

I mentioned to a school professional before in our circle about Dyspraxia before all the testing started, we were certain these tests would give us answers, so it was pushed to the side. Now, it comes off the back burner, and moves to front.

A bittersweet moment, he is who he is. I don't want to label him but I want to give him the world. I don't want the stigma, I want the answers to the questions. If I have to find the answers myself I will. We built up a good circle, and I have to put my trust into them.  From May until August we will have school registrations, meetings, doctors appointments, scheduling for genetic testing and whatever else I need to do.

I will continue to fight, I will continue to advocate. Someday we may have the answers, in between now and then, I will be his voice, and he will always be heard.

Comments

  1. You got this mama!! Love my nephew so very much. I know you will fight for him always. Love you! OXOX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What if...

We all fight a battle behind closed doors